Photo courtesy of Bobby Carlsen Photography
In 1888, a few miles from Chatham, Virginia, James Anderson opened his Tomahawk Creek grist mill to serve local farmers. One hundred years later, the mill was closed, and the first grapes were planted on the hill above the mill pond. You are invited to come taste the wines which we now produce and tour the vineyard and mill!
- June 7, 2014: Barrel Tasting
- Start summer off with wine tasting out of the barrel and light refreshments. $10 fee includes souvenir wine glass. Noon–4 p.m.
- July 26, 2014: 18th Annual Summer Festival at Tomahawk Mill
- Family fun featuring six wineries with food, arts, and crafts. Tour the historic grist mill overlooking the pond. $10 in advance, $15/gate. 11 a.m.–5 p.m.
- October 31, 2015: Tomahawk Mill’s Annual Halloween
- Our Halloween in the haunted Grist Mill includes readings from Edgar Allen Poe. Wine and gourmet food will be served for this adults-only event. Reservations required. $20 fee. 7 p.m. Information: 434-432-1063.
- December 12, 2015: Holiday Open House at Tomahawk Mill
- Enjoy wine tasting and holiday refreshments. Special discounts for last minute gifts or stocking stuffers. No fee. 11 a.m.–5 p.m. Information: 434-432-1063.